Hello Philly Roboteers.
Our attendance is still going strong, despite the onset of Summer. Don’t forget the July meetup is this week (Thursday 7/14 @ 7:30 @ The Hive). I will post the agenda shortly.
Some highlights from the June Meetup:
- Projects that were discussed:
– Automatic speech language translator
– Electric go-kart
– Balancing / Telepresence Bot group project
– Delta Bot
- Education / Demos:
– Software Version Control systems: SVN, Hg, Git.
– Real Time Operating System demo on TI Piccolo chip (Code Composer Studio)
- Microprocessors / boards discussed
– Atmel AVR (several, including custom boards); AVR Studio 4 and 5
– TI Piccolo DSP; Code Composer Studio
– TI MPS430
– Leaf Labs Maple Mini (STM32)
– Fez Panda
Here are some sort-of local surplus & electronics shops
- http://www.surplusshed.com/. Its near Reading, PA,
- http://www.herbach.com/. They’re located in Moorestown, NJ.
- http://www.interstateelectronics.com (northern NJ)
- And, of course, your local (or online) Radio Shack still has some components
Also let us know if there’s anything you want to see or bring for the next meetup
Here are some relevant links (note the return of quadrotor videos):
UPenn Quad Bloopers
President Commanding Robot Revolution, Announces Major Robotics Initiative
Open Robotics – a legal perspective
I hope to see you at the meetup!